- Bachelor of Science, Interpersonal Communications, Northwestern University, 1978
- Master of Social Work, Loyola University of Chicago, 1990
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Illinois, 1994-present
- Psychotherapist, private practice, 1994-present
- Member, National Association of Social Workers, 1990-present
- Member, National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, 2008-present
- Author, self-help books/workbooks ~ see books
Columnist, Tweens & Teens, Chicago Parent Magazine, 2000-2006
- Columnist, Healthy Families, Sun Newspapers, 1999-2002
- Columnist, human interest, The Daily Herald, 1981-1997
- Author, Professional Development Resources ~ see professional courses
- Trainer, professional training courses, Academy of Addictions Treatment Professionals
- Speaker & Consultant
Lisa holds a limited number of spaces for individual psychotherapy sessions
where she works to help teens and adults find healthy inner anchors that steady and guide them on their personal journeys. Specialties include managing anxiety and depression, eating behaviors and disorders, and blended family issues. Her approach derives from both professional and personal knowledge bases. Family counseling facilitates listening and communication skills, respect, honesty, and awareness, to foster healthier relationships.
Lisa is also available for speaking engagements and consultation.
"Lisa Schab combines humor, genuineness and gentleness in her trainings that are always smooth-flowing and content-rich. She's so easy to listen to you don't even realize how much you've learned until you 'get' that a lasting impression was made and important messages delivered."
—Janis J. Gomien, President & Founder, Academy of Addictions Treatment Professionals